The Graduate Student Society is hiring for three new Ignite Work Study positions on the team for fall/winter 2020-2021. These roles will be focused in Marketing, Communications, Outreach and Administration:
PLEASE NOTE: These are Ignite Work Study positions.
- Digital Media Coordinator (1 position available)
- This position will assist with the development and execution of GSS branding and marketing material. The student in this position will collaborate with the GSS team remotely with the goal of building our communication strategies with our memberships on our website, social media channels and through various video and online engagement tools.The role would consist of daily social media posting, building our 2020/2021 communication plan, promote various services and events online, brainstorm ways to effectively communicate to our membership, create graphics, shoot and edit video, track analytics, work both independently and as part of a team.
- Media Production Team Member (2 positions available)
- The purpose of this position will be to create instructional how to videos for the Graduate Student Society (GSS) student membership.Key duties will include the creation of screen grab videos, short how to instructional navigational videos and creating FAQ related visual media responses for the GSS website, Youtube channel and social media platforms.
- Website Content Creator and Data Management (1 position)
- This position will be primarily done online/remotelyThis role will include the inputting of historical organizational data to the GSS website. The inclusion of updating and maintaining the website, writing and editing content, developing databases for GSS related student services. As well as collaborating with other interrelated data sets within the organization.
How to apply:
Submit your application through mySuccess only. Do not email the GSS with your application, as these applications must be processed through the Ignite Work Study program for hiring.
PLEASE NOTE: These are Ignite Work Study positions, and you must meet this requirements in order to be eligible to apply:
To hold an Ignite role for hiring, a student must:
- Be in good academic standing (cumulative average of 60% or higher and not be on academic probation);
- Be registered in a minimum course load at the University of Windsor (60% for domestic; 80% for international; 40% for students with a documented permanent disability);
- Not be on a co-op work term in the semester they are employed in an Ignite position;
- After being hired into an Ignite position, students are to attend a mandatory Launch Session facilitated by Career Development & Experiential Learning within the first two weeks of their start date;
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number and be eligible to work on campus.