Annually, during the early Winter term, the standing members of GSS will elect the Executives.
The Executives is comprised of:
- Vice President Academic Affairs
- Vice President Finance
- Vice President University Affairs
- Vice President External Affairs
The Executive serves from May 1st 2020 – April 30th of the following year.
**In order to be eligible for president, a candidate must have previous GSS Executive experience of at least 1 year and serve a maximum of 2 terms as President of GSS.
In order to be eligible for any Vice Presidency candidates must contain an active membership with the GSS until April 2021 and shall not have served on the GSS Council and Executive for more than three (3) years, and more than two (2) years for the same Executive position.
The following list are those nominees that have been approved by the Chief Returning Officer to campaign as candidates in the election. These candidates will be listed on the online vote ballot during the election period. Results will be tabulated by the CRO and the result for each candidate will be published as “elected” or “not elected”.
- VP ACADEMIC
- VP EXTERNAL AFFAIRS
- VP FINANCE
- VP UNIVERSITY AFFAIRS
- Nomination Period: February 10-16, 2020
- Preparation Week: February 17-23, 2020
- Campaigning: February 24 – March 3, 2020
- Online Elections: March 4-5, 2020
- Election Results: March 5, 2020
The nomination period launches February 10, 2020 and ends SUNDAY February 16th, 2020. Nominators and self-nominating nominees must download and complete the Nomination Form (see below), as approved by the Chief Returning Officer. Once the form is completed, it must be submitted to the GSS Chief Returning Officer (CRO) via email before the posted deadline.
It is important to note:
- all nominees and nominators must currently be full paying members of the GSS; and
all nominees must obtain ten (10) additional signatures to their own, supporting their nomination as a candidate. The deadline to submit completed a Nomination Form is February 16, 2020.
- Nominations forms must be submitted to the CRO by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please use the subject line: 2020 Exec Nomination Form – First Last Name
- Please update the nomination form on this page with the one attached.
To view more details about each stage of the election process and each position click here.